Scope and basis of contract
- The following conditions of participation and contract apply to the training and further education contract concluded between you as a participant and us.
- All agreements made between you and us in connection with the training contract are based on these Terms and Conditions of Participation and Contract as well as any written and electronic agreements that may exist in addition to them.
- Your contractual partner is the provider identified in the registration process, in short REAA, which can be Rosenberg Gesellschaft für ganzheitliche Gesundheit und Bildung gGmbH in Germany or Rosenberg Ayurveda & Wellness-Consulting AG in Switzerland. These are entitled to use subcontractors in Germany and abroad.
- From the contractual relationship we owe you a learning service. A specific learning success or the passing of exams is not owed.
Registration for all courses and training
The application and registration takes place online via our booking portal or in writing. You will receive a confirmation of registration after your application/registration has been processed internally. The training contract comes into effect on the date of your registration confirmation. We reserve the right to reject an application that we do not consider to be sufficiently qualified. Unless we have agreed otherwise with you, the deposit owed by you must be paid within 14 days of receipt of the registration confirmation. In all other respects §10 applies.
Registration and application for the Ayurveda Medicine course of study
- The application and registration must be made online or in writing. This will be checked with regard to the admission regulations. Therefore, please submit together with your application also the proofs of your professional / medical qualification, if requested by us. We reserve the right to reject an application that we consider to be insufficiently qualified.
- You will receive a confirmation of registration after your application has been processed internally. The training contract comes into effect on the date of your confirmation of registration. Unless we have agreed otherwise with you, the deposit owed by you must be paid within 14 days of receipt of the registration confirmation. Otherwise §10 applies.
- The contract does not come into effect or becomes invalid if you cannot be admitted to the chosen training course.
Recognition of external learning achievements (AfL)
We recognise external learning achievements. This includes previously acquired knowledge, skills and competences which are up to 80% identical to the teaching content and learning objectives of the modules/blocks offered. The examination of this comparison is subject to a fee. The costs for this are usually € 50,-/CHF 80,-.
- The training takes place in a mindful and orderly setting typical of all REAA courses. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- The participant undertakes to take part in the booked training course in full and in accordance with the time requirements.
- As a participant or student you show yourself jointly responsible for your learning success.
- We ask you to observe the house rules of the REAA or the house rules of all the houses we use.
Most of our certified Ayurveda training courses are designed in modules in order to allow the greatest possible flexibility in the booking and running of a course. The participants can put together their own modules/blocks for their training within the framework of the time schedule. Different forms of learning (presence blocks, webinars, eTrainings) can also be mixed. If you are aiming for a certified training, all compulsory modules/blocks provided for the training must be taken or provided through the recognition of external learning achievements (AfL). Many modules/blocks of a training course can also be booked as individual seminars. The successful participation can then be credited later when booking a training course.
Forms of delivery and learning
The learning modules/blocks are provided as on-site events (presence), as online events (webinars) or directly online without compulsory presence (eTraining). Only participants registered for the respective learning module or learning block may participate in the respective events. We offer the online presence events (webinars) and the other directly online learning services without compulsory attendance (eTraining) as distance learning services in the sense of Paragraph 2. Here you will be supervised by an expert instructor. The human interaction between teacher and student also plays an important role here. Therefore, there is the possibility to ask questions as well as to be accompanied by the teacher during the course to the desired learning success.
Online Classroom Events (Webinars) / Electronic Services (eTraining)
- Electronic services include, for example, the use of e-books, so-called web-based trainings, which are issued by means of learning management software. Web-based training courses are supplemented by integrated online classroom events (webinars).
- When participating in an online presence event (webinar) and using our electronic services (eTraining), each participant is required to have or meet the minimum requirements for participation (Internet connection, current browser version, download of a program from the webinar platform if necessary, loudspeaker or headset) and to test them before the webinar. Our hotline is available for technical questions.
- The failure of the technical requirements for which the participant is responsible does not release the participant from the contractual obligation to pay. If a participant does not report any technical problems during a webinar and if the recording does not show any such problems, participation is deemed to have taken place.
- If recordings and video courses are offered as available, we point out that failures may occur, for example, due to maintenance work or force majeure.
- Each participant is obliged to keep his special access data (user name and password) for the individual use of the offers available on our website secret and not to pass them on to third parties.
Exclusion from participation in courses/education
We reserve the right to exclude participants from our face-to-face events or to block their online access if this is necessary for important reasons. In particular, the disruption of face-to-face events in such a way that the learning success of other participants can be impaired or the passing on of access data to third parties without our prior express written permission and, in person, a health impairment which could worsen if the course is continued or which could impair the participant's own or other participants' success in the course are deemed to be good cause.
Absences (training) / illness
- Participation in the course programme is a prerequisite for the successful completion of the training. No objections will be raised if a maximum of 10% of the teaching time specified for the modules/blocks in relation to the total training booked is actually not provided. Please also note our examination regulations for access to our examinations.
- Any illnesses that could hinder your own participation or the participation of others in the training must be made known to us with the registration.Corresponding new illnesses must be reported immediately to the head of training or the head of department. This is for your own protection, but also for the protection of the other participants and the instructors.
Payment of participation fees
- The payment of participation fees is exclusively subject to the agreed terms and conditions. The participation fee is generally due and payable within 14 days after the request for payment or according to the agreed payment plan.
- Payment is possible in one sum (with total payment discount) or in pre-determined instalments or the individual price of the modules/blocks listed in the booking. Deposits can be requested.
- Invoices are generally issued per module/block. A granted discount and the down payment will only be charged in the last module/block.
- In the case of courses in Birstein, catering and accommodation will be provided by independent third parties. We will arrange their offer within the scope of the booking. The costs incurred are calculated separately from our training fees and are to be paid regularly on site or according to the invoice.
- Basically, food and accommodation are the participants' own responsibility. However, it is part of our philosophy and the training based on it that the participants experience and complete the training as a whole in interaction with the other participants and the instructors, which is why we make a point of accepting the offers of the providers associated with us as partners in the area of catering and accommodation.
- You can pay by Paypal, Stripe, bank transfer after payment request, direct debit and on site with EC card.
Cancellation of individual bookings/seminars
- In the event that you terminate the contractual relationship without good cause on your part, the following applies:
- In case of cancellation up to 2 weeks before the start of the seminar, we will refund your payments minus a handling fee of € 50,-/CHF 80,-.
- In case of cancellation after that or in case of non-attendance at the seminar, the agreed course fees will be charged in full.
- The only exception to this is an important reason, i.e. a circumstance occurring immediately before or during the event due to force majeure, which makes participation impossible, provided that this is documented in writing, e.g. in the case of health reasons by a medical certificate.
- The right to extraordinary termination of the contractual relationship remains unaffected.
- For study trips, e.g. to India, we recommend taking out travel cancellation insurance because of the possibility of cancellation, which cannot be ruled out.
- For the timeliness of a cancellation or termination declaration, the receipt by us is decisive. The notice of cancellation or discontinuation must be made in writing to the provider.
- With regard to accommodation and catering services, § 16 para. 8 applies accordingly.
Termination of the entire training relationship
In the event that you terminate the contractual relationship without good cause on your part, the following applies:
- In the event of termination up to 2 months before the start of training, we will refund your payments minus a processing fee of € 100,-/CHF 160,-.
- From 2 months to 2 weeks before the start of the training, we will charge the advertised deposit.
- From 2 weeks before to three days after the start of the training, we charge 1/3 of the training fee.
- In the case of cancellation after this date or termination during the training, those seminar days which took place before the date of the written cancellation will be charged in full. In addition, 50% of the fees of the still outstanding training days are to be paid. Payment must be made no later than 14 days after written notice of cancellation or termination has been given, otherwise the entire remaining sum remains due.
Otherwise §12 par. 2 - 6 apply accordingly.
Please make use of the possibility of a personal preliminary discussion with one of the training managers as well as our introductory and information seminars in order to inform yourself comprehensively about our training courses.
Rebooking of the entire training course
In the event that you rebook your entire training, the following rules apply:
- If you rebook up to 4 weeks before the start of the training, we charge a rebooking fee of € 100,- or CHF 160,-.
- In the case of rebooking after this time or during a training course that has already started, we charge a rebooking fee in accordance with § 16 Para. 1-3.
In principle, the payment obligation of the original contract must be fulfilled. Should the newly selected training be more favourable, the former invoice amount and the agreed payment obligations will thus remain in place and the remaining unused amount will be booked to a credit account, which you can use at any time for offers from our academy.
Rebooking / postponement of training modules/blocks
- Rebooking is possible between modules/blocks with the same training content between the different locations in Germany, Austria and Switzerland, as well as with web-based training.
- If you rebook modules/blocks of your training course up to 7 days before the start of the respective module/block, the first two rebookings are free of charge. From the 3rd rebooking on we charge a rebooking fee of € 50,-/CHF 80,- per change.
- In case of rebooking or cancellation within 7 days before the start of the module/block, we charge 10% of the seminar fee of the module/block in addition to the fee of €50,-/CHF 80,-.
- In case of no-show without notification, you will be charged 50% of the pro-rata course fee of the module/block.
- The only exception to this is an important reason, i.e. a circumstance arising directly before or during the event due to force majeure, which makes participation impossible, provided that this is documented in writing, e.g. in the case of health reasons by a medical certificate.
- The making up of a module/block on an alternative date can only take place subject to a free place.
- In individual cases, we reserve the right to rebook your participation for another block or module with the same content, provided that this is justifiable from our point of view.
- The possibility to withdraw from booked catering and accommodation services results from your agreements with the respective providers. The same applies with regard to the legal consequences in the event of non-appearance or other failure to use these offers. In this case we will inform the third party provider in Birstein. According to their terms and conditions this will also be considered as a cancellation or rebooking.
If the realization of a module/block or an entire training course is finally not possible for reasons for which we are responsible, we will immediately pay back all amounts received by us for this training course after notification. No liability or compensation claims can be asserted against the provider if the training is not carried out. If a module/block or an entire training course cannot be carried out for reasons for which we are not responsible, we also reserve the right to retain or demand 25% of the agreed fees in this respect.
The accompanying material handed out with the training is subject to the copyright of REAA and its lecturers and may not be passed on to third parties or reproduced in any way. Video and audio recordings are not permitted.
Property rights and intellectual property rights
- The terms "European Academy of Ayurveda" as well as the logo of the REAA are protected terms. Own centres, consultation centres or advertising measures, also PR, which contain the name "European Academy of Ayurveda" or other above mentioned terms or which use our logo or our forms, may only be used or opened and / or managed after consultation and with the written permission of Rosenberg gGmbH.
- It is our wish that the value of the ancient knowledge as well as the therapeutic methods and training concepts developed by us are appreciated: We recommend our participants to train the techniques and methods taught in our trainings themselves or to pass them on in the context of trainings or seminars themselves or through others only after the contents and techniques have been appropriately internalized and professionalized through at least five years of practical experience with the same. A corresponding authorization of the REAA can be issued upon request and after examination.
- It is not permitted to use the training and seminar concepts, curricula, timetables and seminar documents developed by the REAA or the organisers or to follow them. This requires a written authorization (right of use) by the REAA.
Self-responsibility / Insurance and Liability
- Each participant is fully responsible for his/her own actions. This also applies to own or third-party internships and practical exercises.
- Insofar as nothing to the contrary arises from these General Terms and Conditions including the following provisions, the REAA shall be liable in accordance with the statutory provisions in the event of a breach of contractual and non-contractual obligations.
- REAA shall be liable for damages, irrespective of the legal grounds, within the scope of fault liability in the event of intent and gross negligence. In the case of simple negligence, REAA is liable, subject to statutory limitations of liability (e.g. care in own affairs, insignificant breach of duty), only
- For damages resulting from injury to life, body or health,
- For damages resulting from the breach of an essential contractual obligation (obligation, the fulfilment of which enables the proper execution of the contract in the first place and on the observance of which the contractual partner regularly relies and may rely); in this case, the liability of REAA shall be limited to the compensation of the foreseeable, typically occurring damage.
- The limitations of liability resulting from para. 3 shall also apply to third parties as well as in case of breach of duty by persons (also in their favour) whose fault REAA is responsible for according to statutory provisions.
- Our course offers are expressly not to be understood as therapy or as a substitute for therapy.
We reserve the right to change the dates of the training modules/blocks or seminars in urgent cases. We also reserve the right to replace the lecturers named in the programme with other specialists.
Selected modules/blocks of theoretical lessons can be repeated at 50% of the regular course fee if there is still a place available in the corresponding classroom training group. You will also pay for reprints of the course material, if applicable. The organizer decides whether this is possible. With regard to costs incurred for renewed accommodation and meals, we refer to the contractual regulations of the institutions offering these.
We would like to point out that the prices for accommodation and meals could be adjusted during the year and thus possibly during your participation in one of our training courses to the possibly increasing costs on the part of the institutions offering these courses according to their contractual regulations.
Photographs and film recordings
Participants are prohibited from making sound, image or video recordings in the on-site or online presentation events.
Organizer of all offers in Germany, Austria, India:
Rosenberg Society for Holistic Health & Education gGmbH (REAA) - European Academy for Ayurveda, D-63633 Birstein.
Organizer for the offers in Switzerland:
Rosenberg Ayurveda & Wellness-Consulting AG - European Academy for Ayurveda Switzerland, Sempacherstr. 48, CH-8032 Zurich.
Managing director of all mentioned companies: Mark Rosenberg. REAA Germany is based in Birstein and is registered in the Hanau Commercial Register No. 12226.
All offers of the European Academy for Ayurveda include a possibly reduced VAT rate for non-profit organizations. The provision of services by Rosenberg Ayurveda & Wellness-Consulting AG - European Academy for Ayurveda Switzerland, CH-8032 Zurich is currently regularly exempt from VAT.
The law of the Federal Republic of Germany shall apply to our contract.
The exclusive place of performance and the exclusive place of jurisdiction is Gelnhausen.
Right of withdrawal and cancellation policy for consumers (not for companies)
Right of withdrawal
You have the right to cancel your registration in writing within 14 days without giving any reason. The revocation period is 14 days from the day of the conclusion of the contract.
In order to exercise your right of withdrawal, you must send us
Rosenberg Society for Holistic Health and Education gGmbH Forsthausstr. 6 D-63633 Birstein firstname.lastname@example.org
by means of a clear declaration (e.g. a letter sent by post, fax or e-mail) of your decision to revoke this contract. For this purpose, you can download and use the model withdrawal form here, which is, however, not mandatory. In order to comply with the withdrawal period, it is sufficient that you send the notification of the exercise of the right of withdrawal before the expiry of the withdrawal period.
Consequences of the revocation
If you withdraw from your contract, we must refund all payments we have received from you immediately and at the latest within fourteen days of the day on which we received notification of your withdrawal from this contract.
For this repayment, we will use the same means of payment that you used in the original transaction, unless expressly agreed otherwise with you; in no case will you be charged any fees because of this repayment.
If you have requested that the services begin during the withdrawal period, you must pay us a reasonable amount corresponding to the proportion of the services already provided up to the time you notify us of the exercise of the right of withdrawal with regard to this contract, compared to the total scope of the services provided for in the contract.